Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I could easily become obsessed if stripes could always be this easy!!!

So after completing our masterbedroom last week I decided that the guest room needed some dire attention. For the past 2.5 years guests have come and gone from that room with no complaints. The bed was comfy, what more could one ask for. The room never had any style and I felt it was very plain. Reminded me of a college bedroom that had a bed and that was about it. I started with getting a beautiful new bed set, thanks mom for the great birthday gift:) Then I found  3 mirrors for $5 each that made for a perfect headboard. Recently I've seen lots of stripes online and thought it would create a perfect accent wall behind the bed. Thats all I've really done so far. The walls are painted, half the crown and trim are done. The nightstand is being painted brown then heirloomwhite over top with distressing afterwards. Still have lots to do but here is a quick peak. I have some great dark wood and chrome lamps for the room too. I may also build some shelves using leftover crown....depends how much trim we have left.

Sidenote the green on the wall is a bit off from the bedding but I think it work perfectly with the right accents.






I will of course post more pics as things change in the room:) 

1 comment:

  1. Those stripes look fantastic and the mirrors were a great idea, one I would never have thought of. WELL DONE!
    Angex

    ReplyDelete